Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GREGORY WELCH, PETITIONER v. UNITED STATES

Hi,
    I start my questions, by stating I am new to the site and apologize upfront If I am doing something wrong or inappropriately using the site.
    I am looking for information on an I believe that it would have occurred around 2016 or 2017.).

It is my understanding; the case was remanded from the Supreme Court back to the 11th. Cir Court of Appeals so my two questions are:

1- Is there a disposition for the Gregory Welch case after it was sent back to the 11th Cir. Court of Appeals?
    (It is my understanding that it would have occurred around mid/late 2016 or early 2017.)
    2- If there is a disposition where/how can I find the information?

Thanks,

Hi, Rodney.

I found the Supreme Court opinion on Google Scholar by simply typing the case name into the search box and selecting the "Case Law" option beneath the search box: https://scholar.google.com/scholar_c...en&as_sdt=6,31

If an 11th Circuit opinion exists for this case, you would be able to click on the "How Cited" link in the top-left corner, and then click on "all citing documents" on the right-side of the page. You can limit these documents on the left by clicking "Select Courts" and then deselecting all, and re-selecting 11th Circuit Court of Appeals. You can also select the option to view documents only "Since 2016." I was not able to find the (new) 11th Circuit opinion for this case.

Comment

Hi Charlotte,
      Thanks a lot for your detailed ( and very quick) reply. I will take a look and follow your instructions.
      You also confirmed my thought that the (new) 11th Circuit opinion may not exist at this time.
      Again, thank you Charlotte!
      Rodney

Comment

Working...
      X