Interchange Agreement - OPM and the VA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interchange Agreement - OPM and the VA

I'm a Federal employee who spent over 16 years in a competitive service position. I have career status per my SF-50. Recently, I moved over to the VA as a licensed practical nurse. At the VA I am in the expected service and have a 1 year probationary period. During this time, a GS-12 managerial position in the competitive service opened up at the VA facility. I met all of the eligibility requirements, but I was told I was ineligible because I was currently an expected service employee. I believe that is wrong. Can anyone help me with this matter.

I would also like to note that I have veteran preference (A veteran who served on active duty in the Armed forces during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which you received an authorized campaign or expedition badge or medal) and have a disability (A person with a severe physical disability, a psychiatric disability or an intellectual disability which has been certified by any Federal, state, or local agency that issues or provides disability benefits).
Working...
X