Title 38 USC 1729

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title 38 USC 1729

Would you please tell me when this law was enacted? I am assuming it became effective on the same date, right?

If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, beneath the text of this section, you will see the source credits as a long paragraph in parenthesis. The source credits detail the history of the statute. The first entry reads: which says that this section of statute was enacted into law on November 3, 1981.
    If you follow the 95 Stat. 1050 link, you will go through the LII's RIO (Read It Online) database for sources where you can read the text of the statute as it looked when the Public Law was published in the Statutes at Large, which is a chronological publication of statutes. From RIO, select the Federal Digital System link. The quoted text above indicates that only section 629 of this law is attributable to 30 USC 1729. You can scroll down to page 1051 of that document or do a CTRL+F and search for 629. Once you get there, you will see the paragraph that mentions the effective date for this section, which seems to imply that this particular section was effective upon enactment of the law, so November 3, 1981.

Comment

Good morning, Charlotte.
      Thank you very much for your trouble. I will contribute to LII very soon.

Karl Ennenga, Albuquerque

Comment

Working...
      X